AIIMS issues advisory as man chokes to death while eating momos, says 'swallow with care'

AIIMS issues advisory as man chokes to death while eating momos, says 'swallow with care'

The experts have issued a 'swallow with care' warning for momos and said that due to their smooth and slippery surfaces, a person can choke

The medical experts of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in New Delhi have issued an advisory after recording the first case of a man dying after choking on momos.

The experts have issued a 'swallow with care' warning for momos and said that due to their smooth and slippery surfaces, a person can choke on them if not chewed properly.

Recently, a 50-year-old man died after choking on momos. After the medical examination, it was revealed that a momo got stuck in his windpipe, which led to his demise.

The cause of death has been concluded as neurogenic cardiac arrest due to choking of momos.

After that, AIIMS Delhi issued a warning and said that one must chew them properly before swallowing them.

AIIMS issues advisory as man chokes to death while eating momos, says 'swallow with care'
4 Tips to cook momos at home

For the unversed, momos are one of the most famous street foods in Asia. They are made with a spoonful of stuffing, wrapped in dough. They are usually steamed, though sometimes they are fried or steam-fried. Delhites are considered to be ardent lovers of momos, with the dish being found at almost every roadside shop as well as high-end restaurants across the city.

Related Stories

No stories found.
Indians In Gulf
www.indiansingulf.in