Waitress serves liquid detergent instead of juice to customers in a Chinese restaurant in bizarre incident
A group of people went out to dine at a restaurant hoping for a relaxed time. Well, the relaxation bit was disrupted after they were served liquid detergent instead of fruit juice. The incident took place in China.
Sister Wukong along with her friends and family visited a restaurant in China's Zhejiang province. It is at this time that a waitress served a bottle at the table. Mistaking it for fruit juice, customers went ahead to have the drink. Recalling the incident, Wukong stated that her husband took the first sip of liquid detergent. As the man complained of a bitter taste, Wukong also took a sip. She stated, "I took one sip and swallowed. My throat felt very bad immediately."
Soon after the waitress acknowledged the error and informed the customers. "She told us she doesn't normally work for the restaurant and was just helping out for the day," said Wukong to South China Morning Post.
The waitress also told the customers that she was suffering from poor eyesight.
Following the unfortunate event, the patrons were sent to a hospital for gastric suction. The procedure refers to a form of stomach pumping that removes the content of an individual's stomach in case of an emergency.
A cop from the Xucun police station informed that the seven people admitted to the hospital are in stable condition. They also stated that the customers would seek compensation from the restaurant in the coming days.
Meanwhile, it is unclear which liquid detergent was served to the customers as several floor cleaner brands used orange juice-like packaging.